We offer help beyond a food parcel. Find out more about additional services and support.
Our foodbank is running a More Than Food programme. This means that we are providing additional support alongside emergency food, to help people address the underlying issues behind their crisis.
Our foodbank has specifically trained volunteers who can offer you additional help in the following areas:
- Eat Well Spend Less – our six-week basic cookery, nutrition and budget management course.
- Citizen’s Advice provision – Two CAB Advisers offering debt advice, as well as advice re income maximisation, benefits, housing etc.
- Children’s Holiday Clubs – in Sands End and White City during summer 2017.
- Employability Scheme – with Mitie and the Big Local at our Hub@75 Bloemfontein Road.
A range of other services are also available from our ‘Hub@75’ Bloemfontein Road including drop-in sessions for anyone to pop in and use our computers, borrow or trade a book, play a board game or just sit over a hot drink. See below for more details:
- Tuesday AM ‘drop-in’ from 10.00 to 12.00 is available for anyone who is passing to enjoy a hot drink and a snack. Whilst there, why not also have a chat with a lawyer from H&F Law Centre for free advice on housing issues? Computers also available.
- Tuesdays from 12.00 until 2.00, as well as a hot drink and a snack, come in for a chat with the Citizen’s Advice to talk about debt and budgeting issues. Computers also available.
- If you need help finding a job, or want to update your IT Skills – then come along on a Thursday from 10.00am until 12.00 noon. We’d love to see you! Computers are also available.
- And for another opportunity to play a board game, enjoy a hot drink or use the computers, visit us on a Friday morning between 10.00 and 12.00.
For more information about any of these projects please contact us.
To find out more about More Than Food projects currently being developed by The Trussell Trust click here.