We offer help beyond a food parcel. Find out more about additional services and support.
Our foodbank is running a More Than Food programme. This means that we are providing additional support alongside emergency food, to help people address the underlying issues behind their crisis.
Those who are referred to Foodbank are, by virtue of being our clients, able to access further support and services through us. Our foodbank has specifically trained staff and volunteers who can offer you additional help in the following areas:
- Citizens Advice Service – We have two dedicated, H&F Foodbank funded Citizens Advice workers at our sessions and by phone, to support clients to move out of their crisis. They offer income maximisation advice, benefits, housing and debt advice during opening hours.
- Law Centre Representative – a solicitor is available every Tuesday during foodbank opening hours in Fulham.
- Anchor Counselling Sessions – support for any client that wishes to benefit from 6 weekly counselling sessions, and on-site every Tuesday morning in Fulham during opening hours.
- Emergency Fuel Vouchers – eligible clients that meet our criteria can be referred for an emergency fuel voucher, which is administered by a partner agency.
- Alexandra Rose Vouchers – we support a limited number of eligible families to receive locally redeemable vouchers to buy fresh fruit and vegetables from market traders.
- Signposting to other local agencies – we support clients by signposting them to other relevant local services relevant to their particular situation.
- Eat Well Spend Less (currently on hold) – our six-week basic cookery, nutrition and budget management course.
- Holiday Clubs (currently on hold) – providing food, support and activities for families struggling during the school holidays.
A range of other services are also available from our Hub, including drop-in sessions for anyone to pop in and use our computers, borrow or trade a book, play a board game or just stay for a chat.
The Hub is available for anyone who is passing to make use of our facilities, as well as to attend pre-booked appointments with H&F Citizen’s Advice (for people referred to the Foodbank).
See below for more details:
- Tuesday AND Thursday ‘drop-ins’ from 10.00 to 16.00 is available for anyone who is passing to make use of our facilities, including computers and pre-loved clothes, books and toys, as well as pre-booked appointments with H&F Citizen’s Advice (for people referred to the Foodbank).
- Coffee mornings every Wednesday from 9.00 to 11.00.
- Art Club – every Friday morning from 11.00 until 13.00 for up to 8 people only.
We typically run weekly sessions as per our timetable, though the Hub is currently closed due to refurbishment work and is planned to reopen in August 2022.
For more information about any of these projects please contact us.
To find out more about More Than Food projects currently being developed by The Trussell Trust click here.