We offer help beyond a food parcel. Find out more about additional services and support.
Our foodbank is running a More Than Food programme. This means that we are providing additional support alongside emergency food, to help people address the underlying issues behind their crisis.
Those who are referred to Foodbank are, by virtue of being our clients, able to access further support and services through us. Our foodbank has specifically trained staff and volunteers who can offer you additional help in the following areas:
- Citizens Advice Service – We have dedicated H&F Foodbank funded Citizens Advice workers available to support clients to move out of their crisis. They offer income maximisation advice, benefits, housing \, homelessness and debt advice during opening hours. Clients can self-refer and are invited to speak with a Foodbank Citizens Advice advisor at our sessions, or to let us know if they would like to request a call back.
- Anchor Counselling Sessions – Support for any client that wishes to benefit from 6 weekly counselling sessions that are free and confidential, with trained and experienced therapists. We aim to offer support that will help clients feel better, improve resilience, and begin to get back on their feet again. Representatives are on-site every Tuesday morning in Fulham during opening hours.
- Emergency Fuel Vouchers – In partnership with the Fuelbank Foundation, we are able to provide eligible clients that meet our criteria with a limited number of emergency fuel vouchers.
- Alexandra Rose Vouchers – We support a limited number of eligible families to receive locally redeemable vouchers to buy fresh fruit and vegetables from market traders.
- Signposting to other local agencies – We support clients by signposting them to other relevant local services relevant to their particular situation.
Referrers can let us know if one or more services would be useful when they refer to the Foodbank, or individuals can request support upon arrival or after their visit.
For more information about any of these projects please contact us.