📢 Looking for service updates? 📢 Check out our News section for more information.


I think I need a food parcel

2nd June 2021

If you are struggling with income, a benefits issue, debt etc, please
ring the CITIZEN’S ADVICE for help. They can also make referrals to
the foodbank based on your need. There are currently 3 professional
advisers dedicated to working just with existing Foodbank clients as
well as assessing the need for a referral to the Foodbank.

For new callers, ring: 0808 278 7832
Existing issues that CA is already supporting you with: 020 7386 9068
Universal Credit specific: 0800 144 8444
Debt/budgeting: 020 3137 6295.

Phone lines are open between 10 and 4, on weekdays. An online form,
and more detailed information is also available via their website:

Alternatively, please ring the free National Citizen’s Advice Foodbank
Hotline on: 0808 208 2138.

You may also find the website for the local LAW CENTRE useful,
particularly if you have rent arrears and are facing eviction:

If you are in need of MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT, we partner with Anchor
Counselling to provide FREE counselling therapy to foodbank clients.
Call 020 8867 7660 and leave your name and contact details, or email
them at: [email protected]

Although we strongly suggest that referrals are made via the Citizen’s
Advice, you may also be able to access a referral by contacting your
school, social worker, housing officer, the Local Support Payments
Team on on 020 7041 6464 and other Council departments and charitable
organisations in the Borough. These organisations and others are not
obliged to make referrals, but may do so depending on your


Back to News